- The S-shaped last part of the large intestine, leading into the rectum.More example sentences
- The hindgut develops into the distal third of the transverse colon, the sigmoid colon, rectum, and upper two thirds of the anal canal.
- The internal iliac arteries supply blood to the sigmoid colon and rectum.
- Stent delivery using fluoroscopic screening alone seems to be adequate for tumours affecting the distal sigmoid colon and rectum.
More definitions of sigmoid colonDefinition of sigmoid colon in:
- The US English dictionary