- A system of communication using visual gestures and signs, as used by deaf people.More example sentences
- If the linguistic space is sign language, then the deaf infant will acquire language in that modality.
- The videophone is already being used to let patients talk remotely to doctors, and by deaf people to communicate in sign language.
- She was phenomenal - she trained for about two months with a deaf lady and learnt sign language.
More definitions of sign languageDefinition of sign language in:
- The US English dictionary