- 1Commit oneself to a period of employment, education, or in the armed forces: he signed up for a ten-week courseMore example sentences
- To what exactly did they think they were committing themselves when they signed up for the job?
- She signed up for four movies under prestigious banners, even before a single release!
- Instead of doing sporty things, I signed up for a class on willow weaving.
- 1.1 (also sign something up) Conclude a business deal: the firm has signed up with a new Russian companyMore example sentences
- There is still some way to go before the deal is signed up and even then it may take some time for any money to be released.
- ABL has been operating the centre on behalf of the Council for seven years since it opened but will go it alone as soon as the deal is signed up.
- However, those visiting the slopes of Bulgaria will not be covered by the card, as that country is not signed up to the free treatment deal.
More definitions of sign upDefinition of sign up in:
- The US English dictionary