- A distinctive piece of music associated with a particular programme or performer on television or radio.More example sentences
- In the 1920s and 30s, when broadcasting, dance bands and light orchestras commonly used a signature tune, frequently played at the end of a programme and sometimes at the beginning.
- The music chosen as the station signature tune and used for the first twelve years of daily start-up routines was almost jolly, but retained a strong regional flavour.
- Lotis auditioned with Get Happy, a song which remains his signature tune to this day and was booked for the show within an hour.
More definitions of signature tuneDefinition of signature tune in:
- The US English dictionary