- 1A board displaying the name or logo of a business or product: a shop with its name painted on a signboard over the door sponsorship gives the companies four signboards surrounding the pitchMore example sentences
- The bureau will aim to promote further ‘internationalization’ of Tokyo's Haneda airport and more signboards and pamphlets written in foreign languages.
- Get past the main gate and well-laid out roads, wide footpaths, neat walkways leading to apartments and clearly painted signboards greet you.
- In England he learned to work with his hands and do physical labour, painting signboards and doing assorted jobs.
- 1.1chiefly North American A board displaying a sign to direct traffic or travellers: there are signboards indicating the estate is closed to lorry trafficMore example sentences
- Traffic signboards are blatantly misused for sticking posters and bills.
- Automated traffic lights and traffic signboards have been installed at the Priyadarshini Children's Park here, to create awareness among children about traffic rules, lights and signs.
- Do not park vehicles in a manner that obstructs traffic or obscure the view of traffic signboards.
More definitions of signboardDefinition of signboard in:
- The US English dictionary