(also sign painter)
A person who paints commercial signs and advertisements.
More example sentences
- In those days, a tradesman who wanted a sign on his van either had to have it cut in vinyl by hand or have it painted on by a signwriter.
- I'd always insist on being driven to Stratton Saint Margaret where a signwriter advertised himself by covering his house and the wall of his adjacent yard with samples of his craft.
- It was this search for truth which in 1989 persuaded Wright to abandon a decade of painting on canvas, learn the trade of a sign painter and investigate the enduring power of semiotics.
- More example sentences
- Lorraine said: ‘This time it is much worse as they have smashed the window, which when replaced will need signwriting again.’
- I had done other jobs as well, managers and sales managers, but I'd always kept the signwriting on as my own business.
- When vinyls came along traditional signwriting was virtually finished.