(also sign painter)
Definition of signwriter in English:
A person who paints commercial signs and advertisements.
- In those days, a tradesman who wanted a sign on his van either had to have it cut in vinyl by hand or have it painted on by a signwriter.
- I'd always insist on being driven to Stratton Saint Margaret where a signwriter advertised himself by covering his house and the wall of his adjacent yard with samples of his craft.
- It was this search for truth which in 1989 persuaded Wright to abandon a decade of painting on canvas, learn the trade of a sign painter and investigate the enduring power of semiotics.
- Example sentences
- Lorraine said: ‘This time it is much worse as they have smashed the window, which when replaced will need signwriting again.’
- I had done other jobs as well, managers and sales managers, but I'd always kept the signwriting on as my own business.
- When vinyls came along traditional signwriting was virtually finished.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India