- 1A screen of fine mesh used in screen printing.More example sentences
- is a technique whereby a cut stencil is attached to a silk screen of very fine mesh stretched on a wooden frame.
- It is a serigraph created by using more than 60 silk screens to give it an exquisite finish typical of a fine art image.
- An original print is a work of art which an artist creates by processing a woodblock, or a lithographic stone or plate, or a silk screen so that more than one identical image can be printed from it..
- 1.1A print made by screen printing: these small silk screens sing with colourMore example sentences
- The children also took part in dance and drama activities, made dream catchers and created a silk screen about Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- Apart from anything else, his avuncular visage is no good at all for t-shirts and Warholian silk screens.
- This exhibit consists of pen and ink drawings, silk screens and just a few posters from the past.
verbBack to top
- (silk-screen) [with object] Print, decorate, or reproduce using a silk screen: (as adjective silk-screened) a brown and black silk-screened logoMore example sentences
- The recreated brush strokes are silk-screened one color at a time until the graphic reflects the painting to the artist's satisfaction.
- Paul Gauguin's Two Tahitian Women is silk-screened at each corner of the painting.
- Sometimes when a student silk-screened his or her portrait, the color was just wrong.
More definitions of silk screenDefinition of silk screen in:
- The US English dictionary