- The degree to which a perfume’s fragrance lingers in the air when worn: neither scent has a very strong sillage [mass noun]: a summer fragrance with good sillageMore example sentences
- Creating a sillage that is potent but not overpowering is tricky.
- This is a scent with a bewitching sillage.
- Decades of spokesmodels from Keira Knightley to Audrey Tautou to Nicole Kidman all leave an elegant Chanel No. 5 sillage in their wake long after they leave both the room and their suitors behind.
French, literally 'wake, trail'.
More definitions of sillageDefinition of sillage in:
- The US English dictionary