- A compound having a molecular structure based on a chain of alternate silicon and oxygen atoms, especially (as in silicone) with organic groups attached to the silicon atoms.More example sentences
- The materials used to make siloxanes are the same as those used for silanes, but siloxanes form molecular chains with several silicon atoms.
- I think that it's much more likely that we'll find life that uses different carbon-based compounds than it is that we find life based on siloxanes or some other framework.
- The surfactants include fluroethers, oligomers of propylene-oxide, siloxanes, etc.
More definitions of siloxaneDefinition of siloxane in:
- The US English dictionary