- Fine-grained sedimentary rock consisting of consolidated silt.More example sentences
- Reddish-brown siltstone and fine-grained sandstone of the Organ Rock Tongue form the lower slopes of the hill and part of the nearly vertical wall above the lower slopes.
- Permian shale, sandstone, siltstone, limestone, sands, marls, and dolostones were deposited by sea-level fluctuations.
- The upper Gotham Member also comprises thinly interbedded mudstone, siltstone, and fine-grained calcareous sandstone.
More definitions of siltstoneDefinition of siltstone in:
- The US English dictionary