Definition of silver bullet in English:
1A bullet made of silver, supposedly the only weapon that could kill a werewolf.
- She looked closely at it and said, ‘Kind of like the silver bullet that killed the werewolf’.
- You've probably heard about that bit of lore where a werewolf can only be killed by a silver bullet.
- For the benefit of those unfamiliar with the habits of werewolves, it's revealed through this story-with-a-twist that they only come out at night, and can only be killed by a silver bullet.
1.1chiefly North American A simple and seemingly magical solution to a complicated problem.
- But I've got to tell you it looks at the moment very, very promising, that it could be you know, a sort of a golden bullet or a silver bullet if you like.
- Destroying any insurgency is a complex, long-term task for which there is no smart weapon, silver bullet, or critical node that assures quick victory.
- There will never be a silver bullet in security, just like there is never a silver bullet in any other line of work, but does that mean we should give up trying?
Definition of silver bullet in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan