Definition of silver bullet in English:
1A bullet made of silver, supposedly the only weapon that could kill a werewolf.
- She looked closely at it and said, ‘Kind of like the silver bullet that killed the werewolf’.
- You've probably heard about that bit of lore where a werewolf can only be killed by a silver bullet.
- For the benefit of those unfamiliar with the habits of werewolves, it's revealed through this story-with-a-twist that they only come out at night, and can only be killed by a silver bullet.
1.1chiefly North American A simple and seemingly magical solution to a complicated problem.
- But I've got to tell you it looks at the moment very, very promising, that it could be you know, a sort of a golden bullet or a silver bullet if you like.
- Destroying any insurgency is a complex, long-term task for which there is no smart weapon, silver bullet, or critical node that assures quick victory.
- There will never be a silver bullet in security, just like there is never a silver bullet in any other line of work, but does that mean we should give up trying?
Definition of silver bullet in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.