Definition of silver tongue in English:
A tendency to be eloquent and persuasive in speaking: it is likely that his silver tongue had got around her
More example sentences
- So, what if you weren't born with a silver tongue?
- My only saving grace is my silver tongue - I am pretty good with words, but not much else.
- Timothy was the obvious asset: with his sterling reputation and silver tongue, no mental powers might be necessary.
- Example sentences
- He seduces a lonely teenage girl (Evan Rachel Wood) and becomes a hero to her younger brother, but dangerous forces lurk beneath his silver-tongued surface.
- The silver-tongued Casanova, who turned deception into an art form, convinced them to abandon their studies, betray their wealthy farming families and jettison their self-respect.
- A fax was promised to me but never came; the silver-tongued deceiver will be made to pay.
Definition of silver tongue in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia