Definition of silver tongue in English:
A tendency to be eloquent and persuasive in speaking: it is likely that his silver tongue had got around her
More example sentences
- So, what if you weren't born with a silver tongue?
- My only saving grace is my silver tongue - I am pretty good with words, but not much else.
- Timothy was the obvious asset: with his sterling reputation and silver tongue, no mental powers might be necessary.
- Example sentences
- He seduces a lonely teenage girl (Evan Rachel Wood) and becomes a hero to her younger brother, but dangerous forces lurk beneath his silver-tongued surface.
- The silver-tongued Casanova, who turned deception into an art form, convinced them to abandon their studies, betray their wealthy farming families and jettison their self-respect.
- A fax was promised to me but never came; the silver-tongued deceiver will be made to pay.
Definition of silver tongue in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.