noun (plural silverberries)
- A North American shrub related to the oleaster, with red-brown stems and silvery leaves, flowers, and berries.
More example sentences
- Elaeagnus commutata, family Elaeagnaceae
- If you are unfamiliar with the silverberry, you may walk right by it, wondering at the mysterious source of the delightful scent which bewitches your nostrils.
- One such is the silverberry, Elaeagnus argentea, a shrub of northern N. America, especially the Hudson's Bay region, which bears edible fruits.
- The silverberry seeds we used were picked in Yellowknife.
More definitions of silverberryDefinition of silverberry in:
- The US English dictionary