- An Australasian songbird of the white-eye family, with mainly greenish plumage and a white ring round the eye.
More example sentences
- Genus Zosterops, family Zosteropidae: two or three species
- Bellbird, yellow-breasted tit, fantail, grey warbler and silvereye were common in all the forests and weka and robins were found in some areas.
- There are still many native birds in the shrubland including bellbirds, kingfishers, silvereye and the hawk or kahu.
- The vegetation is varied and the birdlife is abundant - native pigeon, fantail, silvereye, kingfisher, grey warbler to name just a few.
More definitions of silvereyeDefinition of silvereye in:
- The US English dictionary