adverb[usually as submodifier]
- 1In a similar way: a similarly priced propertyMore example sentences
- When I saw that Bosch appliances were now similarly priced to Zanussi, I got suspicious.
- It also has a class and breeding that sets it apart from its similarly priced German rivals.
- This corresponds to a similarly animated and rebellious stratum of western society.
- 1.1 [sentence adverb] Used to indicate a similarity between two facts or events: The diaries of politicians tend to be self-justificatory. Similarly, autobiographies may be idealizedMore example sentences
- Similarly, the following question, asked by Laertes of Claudius, demonstrates the same direct questioning.