Treating complex issues and problems as if they were much simpler than they really are: simplistic solutions
More example sentences
- That is not a threat; it is the reality of treating a complex issue in a very simplistic way.
- It is simplistic to treat strategic choice just as the logical comparison of strategic options.
- The research is an attempt to move away from simplistic polarisation and address the more complex issues.
- Example sentences
- Yet surely poetry in a world as richly diverse as ours need not be so rigidly and simplistically categorized.
- However, teachers often interpret caring simplistically as solely creating positive interpersonal relationships.
- An outsider might simplistically equate this action with a straightforward crackdown on democratic aspirations for political freedom.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: sim|plis¦tic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.