Treating complex issues and problems as if they were much simpler than they really are: simplistic solutions
More example sentences
- That is not a threat; it is the reality of treating a complex issue in a very simplistic way.
- It is simplistic to treat strategic choice just as the logical comparison of strategic options.
- The research is an attempt to move away from simplistic polarisation and address the more complex issues.
- Example sentences
- Yet surely poetry in a world as richly diverse as ours need not be so rigidly and simplistically categorized.
- However, teachers often interpret caring simplistically as solely creating positive interpersonal relationships.
- An outsider might simplistically equate this action with a straightforward crackdown on democratic aspirations for political freedom.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.