Definition of simulator in English:
1A machine designed to provide a realistic imitation of the controls and operation of a vehicle, aircraft, or other complex system, used for training purposes: a driving simulator
More example sentences
- Reactor simulators provide a very realistic training experience for power reactor operation.
- Other studies have assessed acceptability after people have had limited or extended experience with the systems in driving simulators or in actual vehicles.
- To keep the costs down, very realistic vehicle simulators are being used.
1.1 (also simulator program) A program enabling a computer to execute programs written for a different operating system.
- Ikos has donated technology to help speed up the link between hardware emulators and software simulators running on workstations to a new industry consortium.
- Well, last year's demo did show a Palm simulator running a Solaris app on the other side of the Atlantic.
- The experimenter can save this text to a file and then invoke the NCS simulator on that file from the command line.
Definition of simulator in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia