Occurring, operating, or done at the same time: a simultaneous withdrawal of troops simultaneous translation
More example sentences
- This will lead to the simultaneous withdrawal of the armies of both the countries from the borders.
- So they installed, at their own expense, simultaneous translation facilities.
- The difference from concurrent validity is that a future rather than a simultaneous criterion measure is employed.
concurrent, happening at the same time, done at the same time, contemporaneous, concomitant, coinciding, coincident, synchronous, synchronized, synchronic;
coexistent, parallel, side by side
- Example sentences
- We are in the epoch of simultaneity: we are in the epoch of juxtaposition, the epoch of the near and far, of the side-by-side, of the dispersed.
- The simultaneity of diverse visualities and textualities, presented in these Readers, turns the act of reading into a heuristic navigation of our current physical and virtual reality.
- The transitions are mentally demanding, and the frequent use of moving, multiple frames connected by simultaneity and consequence create something different for a comic book movie.
- Example sentences
- That view is expressed after looking at page 180 and considering the simultaneousness of the events.
- It is fascinating how the simultaneousness of the events is triggered by showing movement.
- It should therefore be ensured, at relatively high expenditures, that this simultaneousness of the application movement is maintained also during an extended operating time.
Mid 17th century: based on Latin simul 'at the same time', probably influenced by late Latin momentaneus.
Words that rhyme with simultaneouscontemporaneous, cutaneous, extemporaneous, extraneous, instantaneous, miscellaneous, Pausanias, porcellaneous, spontaneous, subcutaneous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.