- (In traditional or ancient Judaism) an offering made as an atonement for sin.More example sentences
- Twice over in the law of the sin-offering, God said to Israel, ‘the sin-offering is most holy’.
- There was a ram for a burnt offering, and two young goats for a sin-offering.
- Maccoby contends that, where the sin-offering is concerned, the atonement relates more easily to the sin of the offerer, rather than the defilement of the altar.
More definitions of sin offeringDefinition of sin offering in:
- The US English dictionary