Definition of sinciput in English:
The front of the skull from the forehead to the crown.
- The bregma, forehead, nose, mouth, and chin are born in succession as the sinciput sweeps along the sacrum.
- When there is extension, the occiput is higher than the sinciput and the occiput is the cephalic prominence.
- Your sinciput, dear friends, is the part of your head from the forehead to the tippy top.
late 16th century: from Latin, from semi- 'half' + caput 'head'.
- Example sentences
- The temperament is nervous; the sincipital is large, compared with the basilar region, and the occipital part of the sincipital region is much greater than its frontal portion.
- We report one such case of sincipital encephalocele with agenesis of corpus callosum and intracranial lipoma.
- There are three basic classes of anterior encephaloceles: frontal, sincipital, and basal.
Definition of sinciput in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan