- The trigonometric function that is equal to the ratio of the side opposite a given angle (in a right-angled triangle) to the hypotenuse.More example sentences
- It presents a one-point iterative technique for calculating the sine of a given angle.
- This same table was reproduced in the work of Brahmagupta and detailed method for constructing a table of sines for any angle were give by Bhaskara in 1150.
- If you use the distance along the ground, you have to find the vertical component by multiplying by the sine of the angle of the hill in both the distance and acceleration terms.
late 16th century: from Latin sinus 'curve', used in medieval Latin as a translation of Arabic jayb 'pocket, sine'.
More definitions of sineDefinition of sine in:
- The US English dictionary