Definition of sing-jay in English:
A DJ who raps and sings as part of their performance.
- Then, it'll move to your ears when you hear the guy's mad skills, skills that go beyond novelty - tight lyrical flow, sweet reggae sing-jay vibes and crazy versatile beatboxing talent.
- In the increasingly crowded cultural sing-jay market, he is making a name for himself.
- This very current cat boasts a fine modern sing-jay style that comes close to Sizzla's - the pair toured together for two years recently.
- Example sentences
- In fact he already has, with his outrageous, operatic style of sing-jaying spawning endless variations among his dancehall competitors.
- His original vocal style - imbued with great sweetness and communicativeness - which often digresses into sing-jaying, perfectly interacts with his essential, pulsating and electric rhythms.
- Stylistically, he's a mix of Tracy Chapman and Bob Marley with a touch of Richie Spice-ish sing-jaying, but his voice just doesn't resonate.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan