- 1A currency used by all the members of an economic federation.More example sentences
- Professor Robert Mundell, a Canadian economist famous for his work on single currencies, has long maintained that a currency union needs a high degree of political union to work successfully.
- Colin also says ‘single currencies’ only work where there is ‘free movement of labour.’
- How irrevocable is a single currency if members have sovereign parliaments and can leave?
- 1.1 (also single European currency) The currency (the euro) which replaced the national currencies of twelve member states of the European Union in 2002.More example sentences
- The third stage involved the irrevocable fixing of exchange rates and the replacement of national currencies by a single European currency.
- We should only be part of the single currency if the economic conditions are met.
- The vast majority of the British population instinctively opposes the single currency.
More definitions of single currencyDefinition of single currency in:
- The US English dictionary