- A line of people or things arranged one behind another: we trooped along in single file [as modifier]: a single-file columnMore example sentences
- And as always, please a form a single-file line behind me at all times.
- They played Elvis songs over the loudspeaker and then, the fans were allowed in, in a single-file line.
- In a single-file line, they went to the cafeteria.
adverbBack to top
- One behind another: we walked single fileMore example sentences
- I loved the old brick building in Cranmer Square, notwithstanding that once enrolled there were rules such as no talking or running in the corridors and walking single file.
- Gabe and Raj were standing by the door, and when I entered the room we were all ordered to walk outside single file, where we met our friends in the parking lot.
- For example, we see the children in our neighborhood walking to school single file because The Robot shovels a narrow strip off the sidewalk.
More definitions of single fileDefinition of single file in:
- The US English dictionary