- An association of countries trading with each other without restrictions or tariffs. The European single market came into effect on 1 January 1993.More example sentences
- In theory, this is one of those times when the European single market proves its worth.
- The single market, or internal market as it is also known, builds upon the customs union that was established in the 1960s.
- Important, though much less visible, have been the social policy effects of the single market's development itself.
More definitions of single marketDefinition of single market in:
- The US English dictionary