Definition of single-minded in English:
Concentrating on only one aim: the single-minded pursuit of profit
More example sentences
- Once a field of interest has been chosen, dedication and single-minded pursuit of excellence is boundless.
- Julien approaches life and love like the video game hero, with determination and a single-minded pursuit.
- They have a fixed purpose in life, and go for it with single-minded determination.
determined, full of determination, hell-bent, committed, unswerving, unwavering, undeviating, resolute, purposeful, set, fixed, devoted, dedicated, uncompromising, persevering, tireless, tenacious, persistent, pertinacious, indefatigable;
- Example sentences
- It means they're not distracted, and they can single-mindedly focus on the other team.
- But instead of tackling the myriad social challenges that it inherited, the Chen government single-mindedly pursued a course of political and cultural separation from the mainland.
- It focuses attention on fundamental issues - freedom, the institution's values, the corporation's mission - and strives single-mindedly to preserve and strengthen them.
- Example sentences
- ‘It was Harry's single-mindedness and determination not to be deterred that helped win the day,’ he added.
- Then all that is left is a spark of single-mindedness inside which decides against blue curtains and fish, that which sees sunlight on a leaf simply for what it is.
- That stubborn single-mindedness sustained him in his ascent and his struggles in Suharto's system, and gave him his charisma.
Words that rhyme with single-mindedbroadminded, like-minded, simple-minded, small-minded, tough-minded
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan