- A person bringing up a child or children without a partner: [as modifier]: single-parent familiesMore example sentences
- The step-family may solve the poverty risks that haunt the single-parent family.
- In single-parent families or families where both parents are at sea, the children are signed over to a guardian.
- Young women who have children out of wedlock are much less likely to marry as they age and much more likely to bring up their children in a single-parent family.
More definitions of single parentDefinition of single parent in:
- The US English dictionary