Definition of singsong girl in English:
1(In China) a female entertainer.
- At the top end of the scale were gaily decorated establishments featuring singsong girls and dancers.
- As the money flows again and the foreigners return, the singsong girl too is making a comeback.
- He listens to her, he even starts to help the singsong girls, because she tells him to.
1.1 informal A prostitute.
- In those days the nearby Fuzhou Road was the red-light district, where tea houses and bordellos teemed with singsong girls whose lilting dialects lured clients.
- During his stay in Lhasa, he kept a daily record of the weather, his changes of clothes, what precious stones he bought in the street and their prices, invitations to singsong girls and their names, and so forth.
- Even Du Fu associated with singsong girls once in a while.
Definition of singsong girl in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia