noun[mass noun] Nautical
- Braided cordage in flat, round, or square form, made from three to nine cords.More example sentences
- By using the hot knife, you can cut the sennit on a angle that will fit into corners like a picture frame.
- Sometimes cracked wooden bowls were repaired with sennit, and it was used to lash together the parts for knee drums or to attach shark teeth to weapons.
- Gaskets made of French sennit are only used for topgallant and royal yards.
early 17th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of sinnetDefinition of sinnet in:
- The US English dictionary