noun (plural sinuosities)[mass noun]
- 1The ability to curve or bend easily and flexibly.More example sentences
- The shape and sinuosity of meanders is influenced by the erodibility of the materials of the banks and by the slope or energy of the river.
- Morphological comparisons between The canal and valley and channel landforms show many broad similarities in planform, sinuosity, lengths, widths and variability along length.
- The distinct double sinuosity of the anterior margin of the left anterior auricle of the new species was not observed by Professor Silkin
late 16th century: from French sinuosité or medieval Latin sinuositas, from sinuosus (see sinuous).
More definitions of sinuosityDefinition of sinuosity in:
- The US English dictionary