- A brown or greyish antelope with splayed hoofs and, in the male, spiral horns, inhabiting swampy areas in central and East Africa.
More example sentences
- Tragelaphus spekii, family Bovidae
- We got very close to a sitatunga, the most wonderful antelope in Africa I think.
- Two bushbuck babies - a male and a female - were born a week after Christmas, followed by the birth of a female sitatunga and a female mountain reedbuck.
late 19th century: from Kiswahili.
More definitions of sitatungaDefinition of sitatunga in:
- The US English dictionary