noun[mass noun] • informal , chiefly US
- 1A person’s buttocks: the bedspring tattooed waffles all over my SitzfleischMore example sentences
- But when the sitzfleisch touched the piano bench, then the air of authority was justified, and then the raw nerve of artistic sensitivity was uncovered.
- I proudly expand my back-end, month by month, year by year, adding layers of lovely sitzfleisch.
- It's a lot to ask of the sitzfleisch, after all.
- 1.1Power to endure or to persevere in an activity; stamina: I was given tasks which required lots of Sitzfleisch, but didn’t offer much excitementMore example sentences
- I can't honestly imagine anyone having the sitzfleisch to wade through a 250-page comic novel by an unknown writer on the internet.
- The good player - one who plays with positive expectation - does so because he or she plays basic, disciplined poker, has excellent concentration, and has sitzfleisch.
- Luck, combined with what my mother called sitzfleisch, the capacity to persevere, played an overwhelming role.
from German, from sitzen 'sit' + Fleisch 'flesh'.
More definitions of sitzfleischDefinition of sitzfleisch in:
- The US English dictionary