- 1Equivalent to the product of four and four; one more than fifteen, or six more than ten; 16: sixteen miles east of Dublin sixteen of our eighteen patients (Roman numeral: xvi or XVI)More example sentences
- They were working fifteen to sixteen hours a day and at the same time coping with the difficulties of living on a reduced benefit.
- A total of fifteen salmon were caught by anglers ranging in age from four years to sixteen years.
- We only have about four hundred students in all, so the most we have in a class in fifteen or sixteen.
- 1.2Sixteen years old: a daughter of sixteenMore example sentences
- His sixteen year old daughter stood on the porch, her arms crossed over her chest, her gaze hard and cold.
- When the two adults arrived home, they were both met by their sixteen year old daughters.
- He got his first job in Joyce's of Ballymoe at the age of sixteen and went into business himself some years later as a street trader.
- More example sentences
- The workers from India, she says, would be earning a sixteenth of what she had been paid.
- The word ‘modern’ appeared first in English toward the end of the sixteenth century.
- A bishop has appealed for the community to help after a church was burgled for the sixteenth time in four months.
More definitions of sixteenDefinition of sixteen in:
- The US English dictionary