Fairly large: a sizeable proportion of the population a sizeable apartment
More example sentences
- He emphasized that a sizable proportion comprised fairly recent arrivals in the party.
- This points to some serious problems for a sizeable proportion of the working population.
- Heroin use on a sizable scale is a fairly recent development in Limerick.
- Example sentences
- After the setting up of these camps, poaching along the border areas have sizeably been reduced.
- Dating from 1980, the semi-detached house has been sizably extended to the rear to provide 131 square metres of accommodation over three levels and comes to the market in walk-in condition.
- Both organizations had grown sizably since the late 1870's.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: size|able
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.