Definition of sizeable in English:
Fairly large: a sizeable proportion of the population a sizeable apartment
More example sentences
- He emphasized that a sizable proportion comprised fairly recent arrivals in the party.
- This points to some serious problems for a sizeable proportion of the working population.
- Heroin use on a sizable scale is a fairly recent development in Limerick.
- Example sentences
- After the setting up of these camps, poaching along the border areas have sizeably been reduced.
- Dating from 1980, the semi-detached house has been sizably extended to the rear to provide 131 square metres of accommodation over three levels and comes to the market in walk-in condition.
- Both organizations had grown sizably since the late 1870's.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan