- A style of fast popular music having a strong offbeat and originating in Jamaica in the 1960s, a forerunner of reggae.More example sentences
- The heart of the Fat Freddy sound is reggae, from ska through to dub, to which they add subtle hints of house music.
- It fused reggae, ska and rockabilly in a multicultural rant against poverty and discrimination.
- There were quite a few bands doing ska and reggae rhythms with a punk rock attitude and punk rock music.
1960s: of unknown origin.
More definitions of skaDefinition of ska in:
- The US English dictionary