Definition of skateboard in English:
A short narrow board with two small wheels fixed to the bottom of either end, on which a person can ride in a standing or crouching position, propelling themselves by occasionally pushing one foot against the ground.
- Carlo will only ride the skateboard in a seated position with his knees under his chin and only indoors.
- All we could hear around us was the sound of skateboards and feet hitting the ground somewhere in the distance, somewhere behind us.
- He angled his skateboard to the ground and pushed off, skating towards the school.
verb[no object] Back to top
Ride on a skateboard: he was skateboarding along the side of the road with another teenage boy teenagers in Day-Glo shorts skateboard home from an evening out
More example sentences
- When he is not playing football or skateboarding he particularly enjoys listening to Elvis.
- She said she hoped the new facilities would stop young people from skating and skateboarding in town centre streets.
- He had seen a number of people skateboarding around the tourist office in Lyster Square.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.