A short narrow board with two small wheels fixed to the bottom of either end, on which a person can ride in a standing or crouching position, propelling themselves by occasionally pushing one foot against the ground.
- Carlo will only ride the skateboard in a seated position with his knees under his chin and only indoors.
- All we could hear around us was the sound of skateboards and feet hitting the ground somewhere in the distance, somewhere behind us.
- He angled his skateboard to the ground and pushed off, skating towards the school.
Ride on a skateboard: he was skateboarding along the side of the road with another teenage boy teenagers in Day-Glo shorts skateboard home from an evening out
More example sentences
- When he is not playing football or skateboarding he particularly enjoys listening to Elvis.
- She said she hoped the new facilities would stop young people from skating and skateboarding in town centre streets.
- He had seen a number of people skateboarding around the tourist office in Lyster Square.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: skate|board
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.