Definition of skeg in English:
1A tapering or projecting after section of a vessel’s keel.
- Although the 450 Coastal Commander has a shallow skeg or keel to aid directional control at slow speed, she is not immune to the handling difficulties common to this type of boat.
- They describe aluminum housings pitted with holes ‘like Swiss cheese,’ and skegs and cavitation plates so brittle they crumble in the hand.
1.2Australian informal A surfer.
- Around here the popular crowd are the surfers, or 'skegs'.
- Using a little bit of her vast surfing knowledge (she's a skeg from way back) Kirsty's book definitely keeps you hooked.
- When I was 16, I spent two weeks at a different school, and the very first thing I was asked there was "Are you a skeg?"
Definition of skeg in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia