- 1A muscle which is connected to the skeleton to form part of the mechanical system which moves the limbs and other parts of the body.More example sentences
- Thus the term skeletal muscle pump designates the action of the skeletal muscles on venous blood.
- In contrast to normal-weight patients with COPD, underweight patients show increased apoptosis in skeletal muscles (quadriceps).
- All these abnormalities in skeletal muscles, including respiratory muscles, contribute to the symptoms of fatigue, lethargy, and exercise intolerance that occur in chronic heart failure.
- 1.1 another term for striated muscle.
More definitions of skeletal muscleDefinition of skeletal muscle in:
- The US English dictionary