- An aeroplane having its undercarriage fitted with skis for landing on snow or ice.More example sentences
- Pioneering aviator Bob Reeve was contracted to land his ski-plane south of the mountain on Walsh glacier.
- After being dropped off by ski-plane, the team set up base camp and spent the next few days climbing the peaks in the immediate area.
- Eventually the unique capabilities of ski-planes to provide fast, economical and safe access to remote glaciers caught on amongst the mountaineering community.
More definitions of ski-planeDefinition of ski-plane in:
- The US English dictionary