- 1A long black mark left on a road surface by the tyres of a skidding vehicle: there were no skid marks at the crash scene to indicate how fast he had been travellingMore example sentences
- Her mother cannot forget the 90-yard skid marks left on the road.
- He was not aware of the existence of the 10 metres of skid marks on the correct side of the road.
- There were skid marks where she applied her brakes to no avail.
More definitions of skid markDefinition of skid mark in:
- The US English dictionary