Definition of skijoring in English:
The action of being pulled over snow or ice on skis by a horse or dog, as a sport or recreation activity.
- She advises newcomers to get outdoors and take advantage of winter activities such as traditional snow shoeing or something more unusual such as skijoring.
- In her quest to hone her skills, she has become an ambassador for skijoring - holding clinics, teaching lessons and selling top-quality skijor equipment.
- The Park district also has five trails dedicated for skijoring and dog sledding.
1920s: from Norwegian skikjøring, from ski 'ski' + kjøre 'to drive'.
- Example sentences
- Some creative re-juggling of start positions was required to keep skijorers away from the big teams.
- He said he once saw a skijorer with a corgi-beagle mix, its legs not more than four inches long.
- Some agricultural land owners will gladly grant access to skijorers wishing to cross their land.
Definition of skijoring in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan