(also chiefly North American skillful)
Having or showing skill: a skilful midfielder
More example sentences
- You are brilliant, active and skillful in professional ventures and gain repute in your field of activity.
- He is very smart and politically skillful, and his time as prime minister was very productive.
- He was also a robust, competitive and skillful GAA player in both hurling and football.
expert, accomplished, skilled, masterly, virtuoso, master, consummate, proficient, talented, gifted, adept, adroit, deft, dexterous, able, good, competent, capable, efficient, experienced, trained, practised, professional, polished, well versed, versed, smart, clever, ingenious, brilliant, ready, apt, handy, artful
informal great, mean, wicked, nifty, crack, ace, wizard, genius
British informal a dab hand at
North American informal crackerjack
vulgar slang shit-hot
archaic or humorous compleat
- Example sentences
- There was such a boat jam on the way that it took all the expertise and skillfulness of the boatman to reach the take off point.
- Seven Bulgarian ensembles will also demonstrate typical skillfulness in dancing and singing.
- The skilfulness of the artisan into the making of the leather toys is seen to be believed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.