Definition of skin diving in English:
The action or sport of swimming under water without a diving suit, typically in deep water using an aqualung and flippers.
- ‘We decided that we had to separate skin diving from scuba diving because of the safety aspect,’ he said.
- On the coast, popular water sports include sailing, skin diving, and deep-sea fishing.
- Shallow Water Blackout is most commonly associated with skin diving.
- Example sentences
- Uncaring and cruel, this man skin-dives with a spear gun and walks the street with a filet knife.
- Disregarding the depth, some guides skin-dived, showing off in irritating poses and whipping up clouds of sand.
- I've seen three-foot squid in the Bermuda Triangle, and I've skin-dived with basking sharks off California.
Definition of skin diving in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan