- 1A surgical operation in which a piece of healthy skin is transplanted to a new site on a patient’s body or to a different individual.More example sentences
- Jason spent two weeks in Booth Hall Children's Hospital, Manchester, where he needed two operations, including a skin graft.
- She will be in hospital for three days but will need at least four more operations, including reconstructive facial surgery and a skin graft on her upper lip.
- Carl Stonehewer, the Denton-based former Belle Vue star, is facing a skin graft operation on an arm after crashing at Workington on Saturday.
- 1.1A piece of skin transplanted to a new site on a patient’s body or to a different individual.More example sentences
- If a large area of tissue is removed then a skin graft might be needed to fill the ‘hole’.
- Doctors in the U.K. believe that spraying skin cells after applying a skin graft will help burn victims recover faster and reduce scarring.
- The expanded skin is then mobilised as full thickness skin grafts, regional advancement flaps, or free flaps.
More definitions of skin graftDefinition of skin graft in:
- The US English dictionary