- A fold of skin and underlying fat formed by pinching, the thickness of which is a measure of nutritional status.More example sentences
- We measured subscapular and triceps skinfolds by using a Holtain skinfold caliper (Dyfed, UK).
- Three skinfold thicknesses were measured in all patients according to standard procedures by means of a Lafayette caliper.
- Some have suggested that the edema reaction, as determined by measuring the double skinfold thickness, provides a ready alternative.
More definitions of skinfoldDefinition of skinfold in:
- The US English dictionary