- A smooth-bodied lizard with short or absent limbs, typically burrowing in sandy ground, and occurring throughout tropical and temperate regions.
More example sentences
- Family Scincidae: numerous genera and species
- There are many other snakes of all different sizes, as well as chameleons, geckos, lizards, skinks, iguanas, spiders and huge tortoises.
- Rodents, salamanders, lizards, geckos, and skinks shed their tails.
- They also eat small birds, snakes, lizards, and skinks.
late 16th century: from French scinc or Latin scincus, from Greek skinkos.
More definitions of skinkDefinition of skink in:
- The US English dictionary