verb[no object, with adverbial of direction] • rare
- Move rapidly, especially with a whirring sound: five dark birds rose skirring awayMore example sentences
- His chuckle was as affable and reassuring as the skirr of a buzz-saw.
- Only two days on the job, but 18-year-old Talia already knows the drill as her green mountain bike skirrs over potholes in turbid laneways.
- Whereupon, a spandrel skirrs, having put the ‘maze’ in paronomasia.
More definitions of skirrDefinition of skirr in:
- The US English dictionary