(also skirting board)
- A wooden board running along the base of an interior wall: the point where the skirting and the stairs meet [mass noun]: a length of skirtingMore example sentences
- Oak doors lead you from room to room and the brushed-steel fittings and solid wooden skirtings add style and sturdiness.
- Bedbug lairs can be anywhere, from telephone handsets and electrical goods to crevices in wooden furniture or behind skirting boards.
- The pale wood squares form a crisscross structure that runs around doorways, along skirting boards and across floors.
More definitions of skirtingDefinition of skirting in:
- The US English dictionary