Entry from US English dictionary
1Like a skunk.
- You could describe Brit as spunky, but never skunky.
- As I dropped off my laundry I could smell the sweet skunky odor rising out of my pants pocket, yikes!
- Million is just putrid, stinking like that old container of chunky, skunky eggnog from last Christmas that you forgot to throw away.
2Disagreeably tainted: skunky beer
More example sentences
- I don't like skunky beer, but I don't allow that to color my opinion of the Canadians.
- It's like someone threw a rotten egg into a bottle of spoiled milk and skunky beer.
- I've got some beer we've got to finish before it goes skunky.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.