- A grey metallic mineral, typically forming cubic or octahedral crystals, consisting chiefly of an arsenide of cobalt and nickel.More example sentences
- To prove it, the researchers first measured the specific heat of both the unfilled and filled skutterudite.
- The name skutterudite comes from the locality of Skutterud, Norway.
- We present evidence of a relatively high dimensionless figure of merit in a polycrystalline skutterudite partially filled with ytterbium ions.
mid 19th century: from Skutterud (now Skuterud), a village in SE Norway, + -ite1.
More definitions of skutteruditeDefinition of skutterudite in:
- The US English dictionary